British songstress, Adele dropped the crown as the richest UK celebrity aged 30 or under when she clocked 31 in May and that crown has now been picked up by ‘South of the Border’ singer, Ed Sheeran.
Ed Sheeran has been named the richest UK celebrity aged 30 or under with an estimated fortune of £170m (N78,995,787,000), almost twice as much as his 2018 value.
The 28-year-old Grammy award-winning singer topped the annual list compiled by Heat Magazine. The list of the nation’s wealthiest young stars is made up of well-known musicians, film stars, models and TV personalities. Heat magazine’s annual guide looks at the accounts, sales and endorsements of the UK’s most famous celebrities aged 30 or under.
Trailing behind in second place is Harry Potter star, 30-year-old Daniel Radcliffe with an estimated fortune of £90m (N41,820,163,650) while 25-year-old former One Direction bandmate, Harry Styles closes the top three with close to £64m (N29,738,783,040) in the bank.
The Harry Potter magic worked for 29-year-old Emma Watson as well as Daniel Radcliffe – her £57m (N26,486,412,300) places her fourth on the rich list
Stormzy, Cara Delevingne and Daniel Radcliffe all feature on the rich list | Getty Images
26-year-old Stormzy is the highest new entry at number 14 with an estimated £12m (N5,575,197,600), which has been boosted in part by headlining Glastonbury this summer.
Other new entries include 24-year-old Dua Lipa who is 15th with £11.8m (5,482,277,640), 22-year-old Maisie Williams clinched 25th position with £4.5m(N2,090,862,000) and 26-year-old George Ezra and 30-year-old Jess Glynne who are in joint 27th place with an estimated wealth of £4.4m (2,044,716,300).
Check out the full 2019 Heat’s rich list below:
1. Ed Sheeran, 28, (£170m)
2. Daniel Radcliffe, 30, (£90m)
3. Harry Styles, 25, (£64m)
4. Emma Watson, 29, (£57m)
5. Niall Horan, 26, (£54.8m)
6. Little Mix (£50m)
7. Louis Tomlinson, 27, (£46m)
8. Liam Payne, 26, (£44m)
9. Cara Delevingne, 27, (£39.5m)
10. Zayn Malik, 26, (£38m)
11. Sam Smith, 27, (£34m)
12. Aaron Taylor-Johnson, 29, (£21m)
13. Rita Ora, 28, (£17.8m)
14. Stormzy, 26, (£12m) – NEW ENTRY
15. Dua Lipa, 24, (£11.8m) – NEW ENTRY
16. The 1975, (£10.9m)
17. Sophie Turner, 23, (£8.5m)
18. Daisy Ridley, 27, (£8.4m)
19. Nicholas Hoult, 29, (8.3m)
20. Dev Patel, 29, (£7.5m)
21. John Boyega, 27, (£6.6m)
22. Sam Faiers, 28, (£6.3m), Joey Essex, 29, (£6.3m)
23. Tommy Mallet, 27, (£5.2m) – NEW ENTRY
24. Maisie Williams, 22, (£4.5m) – NEW ENTRY
25. George Ezra, 26, (£4.4m) – NEW ENTRY, Jess Glynne, 30, £4.4m – NEW ENTRY
26. 28. Olivia and Alex Bowen, 25 and 28, (£4.3m – joint) – NEW ENTRY
27. Billie Faiers, 29, (£3.6m) – NEW ENTRY
28. Tom Holland, 23, (£3.5m) – NEW ENTRY
But they’re all lucky that Kylie Jenner isn’t a Brit because her £736m (N342,014,636,800) fortune is more than the top 10 UK stars combined